Tuesday 21 August 2012

Sonic The Hedgehog - Introduction


Year: 1991
Platform: SEGA Genesis (Mega Drive)
Genre: 2D Platformer

Everybody knows this fella. Sonic the Hedgehog is to SEGA what Mario is to Nintendo. He the video game character with a 'tude. Do you see how he's wagging his finger on the cover there? Yeah, he's bad-ass! It was first released 21 years ago and since then Sonic has gone through some changes, not to mention some absolutely terrible games. However back in the good old days it was just a simple case of get from A to B, collecting rings and jumping on robots. So what's my experience with Sonic?

Well, I've played just about most classic Sonic games, I own them on a number of different systems, but sadly I've never finished one. In fact the only Sonic game I've finished would be Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for the Gamecube. So, over the next couple of weeks I will attempt to complete Sonic 1. Then 2. And 3...and Knuckles. Each update will contain a brief summary of the level, my performance and my thoughts. So eat up those chilli dogs, 'cause we're going on an adventure. But not Sonic Adventure, that's later.

No comments:

Post a Comment