Monday 23 April 2012

Super Mario 64 - An Introduction


Super Mario 64
Year: 1996 
Platforms: Nintendo 64, Virtual Console
Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo

Super Mario 64. Released as a launch title for the Nintendo 64 along with Pilotwings 64, Super Mario 64 managed to sell over eleven million copies and later became the second most popular game on Wii's Virtual Console (behind the original Super Mario Bros.) Super Mario 64 was arguably the first 3D platformer, but it was definitely the first successful one. The game was praised by critics, gamers and even key figures in the gaming industry as a revolutionary game.

Despite the fact that everyone knows this game, I have barely played it. This is mainly due to the fact I had a Playstation as a child, I only played this game for the first time a few years back. Although I did own the cartridge for it, I gave it to a friend when he got himself a N64 because I'm nice like that and yes he was meant to give it back at some point. Instead I'll be playing the Virtual Console version, using a Gamecube controller. I've never played past Jolly Roger Bay before, so this will largely be a new experience for me.

Since a lot of people have already played this one I won't be going into great detail about the game itself, I'll talk about my general progress in the game and mention the stars I get. However, I will have little articles accompanying each report just to give a bit of background of the game, Mario and Nintendo in general.

So, join me in a day or two when I'll start my Super Mario 64 adventure! Until then, allow me to play you out...

The Intro

No comments:

Post a Comment