Saturday 14 April 2012

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories - Random Thoughts

I've been struggling the past few days with this game, though not because it's gotten any harder (except for one mission which I'll rant about tomorrow), no, it's just that Vice City Stories probably is the dullest GTA III-era game. It's not terrible, in fact compared to a lot of GTA-clones it's still better than most, if not all, of them, but the second half of the game is a drag. Your businesses get attacked seemingly every time you breathe, if you dare take over a business expect to be attacked at every opportunity, the business side-missions have changed so now they take a bit longer to do (but are split up into six separate missions) and it's all getting samey. Not to mention I've had to replay several missions because my PSP likes to shut itself off whilst playing this game (I don't know if it's a probably with the UMD or my PSP though).

Instead of playing the game until I'm completely burned out, I'm going to start with the next game (Puzzle Quest) and I'm going to alternate between them, starting tomorrow with (hopefully) VCS Progress Report 7 and then a quick introduction of Puzzle Quest. I'm currently wondering how to set out Puzzle Quest reports, considering it's an RPG/Puzzle hybrid, but the story is so cookie-cutter I don't think it's really worth talking about the story in any great detail. In fact I'm kind of just wanting to add another game to the complete pile as soon as possible. But I'll see, I'm still in the infant stages of this project, I'm learning as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment