Sunday 1 April 2012

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories - Introduction


Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Year: 2006 (PSP), 2007 (PS2)
Developer: Rockstar Leeds
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Everyone knows the Grand Theft Auto series. It's the game series that dominated the first half of the 00s and created the blue print for the sandbox action/adventure game that so many have tried to replicate. The last game in the 'GTA III' era was Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, a prequel to the original Vice City. You play as Victor Vance, brother of VC original Lance Vance, a soldier who gets kicked out of the forces and turns to a life of crime in order to support his family. It received good reviews, an average of 86/100 according to Metacritic and had sold four and a half million copies by the end of April 2008. 

Our hero: Victor Vance. 
 

I really shouldn't be playing this game as part of this project, I was a mission or two of completing it on the PS2 version, but through reasons I cannot remember, I did not. Even worse...I have to play the PSP version  because I lost my PS2 copy. So here we are...

Vice City is one of my favourite settings in a game ever, and the soundtrack in this game is just as delightfully 80s as it's predecessor, so I will be posting a random song from the soundtrack with every post. You have been warned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment